Greetings Hardy Elementary School Parents and Students,
Summer is almost over and we are gearing up for another successful school year! I hope you were able to take advantage of the great summer weather and enjoy time with family. As principal of Hardy Elementary School, I am proud and honored to announce that Hardy Elementary is
Hardy Elementary students met and/or exceeded all state and federal requirements for the 2015-2016 school year!! Hats off to all of our teachers and students. We are very proud of your accomplishments and hard work this school year.
Hardy teachers are excited about continuing the wonderful work and student-centered instruction this school year. We will be implementing more project-based learning activities and allowing students the opportunity to provide input and guide their learning in a more collaborative setting. We invite you to join us on our journey of exploring deeper leaning and collaboration within the classroom.
Throughout the year our school website, school newsletter, Facebook page, school way blasts and connect 5 messages will attempt to provide you with the most current information, however; you may call the office at 757-357-3204 if you have immediate questions or concerns. We appreciate your support and look forward to working with you this school year.
- School hours are 9:05am - 3:50pm. Students can arrive starting at 8:35.
- Breakfast will be served this year in the classroom starting at 8:35.
- Please see nurse Maureen McCleland for prescription intake prior to the first day of school. All medicine must be accompanied with a physician’s prescription.
- Birth certificates, most recent physical and immunization records are all required for all pre-school, kindergarten and new student enrollment prior to the first day of school.
- Please refer to the school district website for information on bus routes and times.
Parents of students in grades Grade 3 should sign up for the PowerSchool Parent Portal to review your child’s grades and academic progress, if you have not already done so. More information can be found on the division website www.iwcs.k12.va.us/page/powerschool/ or in our school’s main office.
Sign up for the division’s Connect 5 messaging system to receive messages about things happening in our school, as well as from the division about division-‐wide updates, inclement weather closings, www.iwcs.k12.va.us/page/connect-
Shante C. Denson