Hardy Elementary School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
| Login
Parents » Kindergarten Information

Kindergarten Information

Hello Rising Kindergarten Parents!

We are excited to welcome you to kindergarten and we can't wait to meet you! Enrollment information and the link to register your child are listed below. You may also click on the kindergarten registration picture to be redirected to the IWCS website for additional information. Please click on the welcome video below to meet our kindergarten team at Hardy!
Registration for NEXT school year (2020-2021) - Once schools are reopened, school staff will contact parents/guardians who have completed the online forms. An appointment will be scheduled for them to bring documentation into the school and complete the enrollment process.


If you would like a copy of the eRegistration guide, please contact Kimberly Hytinen at 757-357-4393 or by email at [email protected]


The student will be enrolled when the school has reviewed the online registration information and the documents listed below.

  1. Proof of Residency – see list below
  2. Child’s State Issued Birth Certificate
  3. Child’s Physical Health Form – dated within 12 months of school start date and Immunization Record (Click here for additional information and a sample School Entrance Physical Exam form from the Virginia Department of Education.)
  4. Custody papers (if applicable)
  5. Photo Identification - of Parent/Guardian


Per School Board regulation, JEC-R, the following are acceptable documents to be used when declaring residency for the purpose of attending schools in Isle of Wight County:

  • Mortgage contract with date of occupancy or completion
  • Lease agreement signed by Leaser and Lessee with amount paid by week, month,
    or etc.
  • Rental agreement signed by Landlord and Renter with amount paid by week,
    month, or etc.
  • If social services is involved then certification of services listing the 911 address
    of the recipient.


Or two items of documentation from the following groups:

  • Mortgage bill statement
  • Real estate tax receipt showing correct 911 address.
  • Utility bills indicating name of residence and current Isle of Wight County 911
    address. Utilities accepted are as follows: electric, water, gas, or sewage.

Telephone bills and cable TV bills are not acceptable.

The Superintendent or his/her designee may require two or more documentations of proof of residency, for example: court papers, W-2 and/or W-4 forms, income tax returns, etc. and/or may conduct home visits to verify residency.


If you are living with another family in Isle of Wight, the Shared Housing Form will need to be completed in order to register a student. Please be advised that shared housing form must be completed annually.



If you have questions about the enrollment process, please call the main office of your child's new school or call 757-357-4393 for information.