Greetings Hardy Elementary School Parents and Students,
It is with great pleasure and honor to become a member of the Mustang family of Hardy Elementary School. The legacy of academic excellence at Hardy Elementary is rich and continues to be a cornerstone in the community for Isle of Wight County Schools. I would like to welcome the entire Hardy Elementary community to the 2015-2016 school year!
My goal as your principal is to ensure that every student has the opportunity to experience authentic learning in a safe and supportive environment. The students, faculty, parents and community of Hardy Elementary are all important ingredients in the recipe of student success. As the old proverb states, “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child.” Thank you in advance for your support and dedication as we embark on a journey of Restoration and enter in the 2015-2016 school year! Hardy Elementary is "The Place Where Great Learning Begins.”
- School hours are 9:05am - 3:50pm. Students can arrive starting at 8:35.
- Breakfast will be served this year in the classroom starting at 8:35.
- Please see nurse Maureen McCleland for prescription intake prior to the first day of school. All medicine must be accompanied with a physician’s prescription.
- Birth certificates, most recent physical and immunization records are all required for all pre-school, kindergarten and new student enrollment prior to the first day of school.
- Please refer to the school district website for information on bus routes and times.
- VERY IMPORTANT- If you would like for your child to ride the bus home at dismissal on the first day of school, please allow him/her to ride the bus to school on the morning of the first day. This is to ensure the teacher and administrators place your child on the correct bus. You are welcome to drive to school and take pictures upon their arrival.
Shante C. Denson